GFL Water Stills are the result of experience for decades and technical advancement. They produce highly pure, poor in gas, bacteria and pyrogen free distillate with very low conductivity. It complies with DAB regulations and with international pharmacopeia requirements.
All GFL Water Stills work economical due to the distillation of heated cooling water, they are reliable, maintenance-free, easy to operate and to service and bear the CE mark. All units are suitable for desktop and wall mounting.
GFL Water Stills are used in research and development e. g. for preparing bacteriological and medical samples, for cell and tissue cultures as well as for the production of reagents and unguents. Moreover, distillate is used for cleaning and sterilisation processes, for buffered solutions as well as microbiological and analytical applications and HPLC, too.
- Water Still (fully automatic) for double distillation, suitable for both bench and wall mounting.
- Very good distillate quality; conductivity: single distillate: approx. 2.2 µs/cm at 25 °C, double distillate: approx. 1.6 µs/cm at 25 °C.
- Electronic level control during the whole distilling process.
- Electronic impurity detector switches the unit off in case of high degree impurities of the water in the evaporator 1st stage, the red pilot lamp "Clean" will glow.
- Double-action low water cut-off through float switch and thermostatic safety switch.
- Economical energy consumption by distillation of the heated cooling water.
- Water saving through automatic water cut-off. Unnecessary water consumption will be avoided.
- Condenser (cooler): 1st stage made of stainless steel; 2nd stage including the baffle made of DURAN® Borosilicate glass 3.3.
- Evaporator easily accessible for cleaning purposes .
- Distillate withdrawal: valve made of Borosilicate glass 3.3 with "PTFE" plunger for single distillate, outlet with dust guarde shield made of Borosilicate glass 3.3 for double distillate.
- CO2 degassing through outlet in the condenser.
- Heating element and evaporator made of stainless steel.
- Double-walled housing. Outer housing made of electrolytically galvanised sheet steel, electrostatically powder-coated with epoxy resin.
- Water supply through a built-in solenoid valve with connection for pressure hose 1/2" (inner ø approx. 12.7 mm).
- Main switch with pilot lamp for the monitoring of both distillation stages at the front of the unit.
- Cooling water outlet with hose connection 3/4" (ø approx. 19.0 mm).
- Hoses for water in- and outlet are available as accessory.
|Capacity||4 l / h |
|Conductivity||Single distillate: approx. 2.2 µs / cm at 25 °C, |
Double distillate: approx. 1.6 µs / cm at 25 °C *
|Cooling water required||approx. 120 l / h |
|Minimum water pressure||3 bar to max. 7 bar|
|Exterior dimensions (W x D x H) ||550 x 280 x 570 mm|
|Electrical connection||400 V / 50...60 Hz / 6.5, 3 Ph/N/PE three-phase current (other voltages on request) |
|Net weight||approx. 23.0 kgs|
|Gross weight (cardboard box) ||approx. 35.0 kgs|
|Gross weight (wooden case) ||approx. 45.0 kgs|
|Packing volume||approx. 0.34 m3|
* Value averaged by Institut Fresenius for operation with tap water. The distillate quality depends on the quality of raw water.